Retail Warehouse Manager | Dallas, Texas
As a Warehouse Manager, known as the Warehouse Chief, is a full-time salaried position averaging 42-45 hours per week. The Warehouse Chief is responsible for overall organization, cleanliness, and operations of the warehouse and distribution process. This position supports the company’s 6 retail stores by executing daily product receiving and product delivery to the stores. This position has 5-7 direct reports as well as partners with accounting, buyers, visual department, and store personnel to ensure the company’s inventory is always in the right place at the right time. This position is eligible for the full benefits package offered by The Gypsy Wagon, including healthcare, 15 days of paid time off, 6 paid holidays and a generous merchandise discount.
A Successful Warehouse Manager:
- is computer and systems savvy.
- demands an organized facility.
- is a trusted leader.
- has strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- has an eye for strategy and solutions.
- enjoys a small business environment and working directly with the owner and stores.
- 2-3 years managing a warehouse or distribution center
- Knowledge of Basecamp and Lightspeed a plus!
Job responsibilities include for are not limited to the following:
- Manages all incoming and outgoing warehouse inventory and display fixtures.
- Ensures efficiency and accuracy of all product receiving, tagging, stocking, transferring, and delivering to stores.
- Maintains all products are delivered to stores according to company’s priority schedule.
- Oversees the constant change of available warehouse space to maximize space resources.
- Responsible for warehouse cleanliness to ensure a safe and organized work space.
- Supervises the accuracy and efficiency of the Inventory Processors.
- Fosters a harmonious working environment and promotes a positive team spirit.
- Ensures the team’s training and coaching of company policies and warehouse procedures.
- Communicates areas of accountability and performance expected of the Warehouse team.
- Ability to move or handle merchandise boxes generally weighing up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Warehouse Chief is regularly needed to stand for extensive time periods, while occasionally sitting, walking, kneeling, bending, or reaching. Sometimes they may be unpacking a pallet in the cold rain.
- May occasionally work in high precarious places.
- Clean driving record and ability to drive Gusto, the company’s cargo van.
How to apply:
If you think this role might be a good fit, we would love to hear from you!
Please email your resume along with a cover letter to our email@example.com. Include the name of the job you are applying for and the location.